Do you have a passion for travel, an interesting story, a love for Melbourne or simply have some great advice you think other people would find useful?
Well you’re in luck! Melbourne Point is now accepting guest posts and is always on the lookout for new writers to contribute to our website.
If you’d like to write for us, please review our guidelines below.
Guest Post Guidelines
Before you go to the effort of filling in the form, please have a quick read over the following points on what we accept and are looking for:
- Your content must be original, interesting and read well. It can’t be someone else’s content that you have adapted or paraphrased, and can’t have been used elsewhere on the internet.
- All content must be relevant to Melbourne, or at least contain a sizable portion that relates to one of the tourist attractions, activities or events in the area. Please, no generic travel or advice articles that were obviously written for SEO gain.
Now that we know your content is relevant for our audience and will be interesting to read, please ensure that your article abides by the following:
- Aim for at least 500 words; with paragraphs no longer than 3-4 sentences.
- Use proper article structure that includes an introduction, a conclusion and, where possible, use headings, sub-headings, font styles for key sentences and bulleted lists.
- Supply an image that is at least 1070px x 300px for use as a featured image, as well as any other images you’d like us to include in the post. You must either own the copyright on the images or creative commons licenses can be used, but must be properly credited. We reserve the right to omit and/or further edit images prior to publishing.
- If you wish to credit an author in the byline at the bottom of the article, please supply a short bio of around 2-3 lines, as well as their official website and an email address (preferably linked to a Gravatar account so a profile picture is displayed).
- You are also able to include links within your post, but please no exact-match anchor links and any links must be in context and of use to the audience.
- Also your website must adhere to Google’s quality guidelines and can’t have a history of low quality / unnatural link building having been conducted.
We reserve the right to edit your content including, but not limited to, spelling, punctuation, grammar and formatting. We may also remove any links that we deem spammy or unnecessary.
Submit Your Content
So if your content ticks all of the boxes, please proceed to fill out the form below. The easier the process, the quicker we can get your content online – so please supply everything that’s requested and ensure that you adhere to the guidelines above.